The CCEI Summer Fellowship program helps UConn students and faculty launch their ventures.
Summer Fellowship Program was created to leverage core competencies of UConn faculty and students, draw on the knowledge of community business leaders and stakeholders, and support entrepreneurs in the process of developing the infrastructure and partnerships needed to launch their businesses. The goal of the Summer Fellowship program is to help entrepreneurs move out of the conceptual stage of venture development, and into the marketplace. Sessions include goal setting, defining their business model, mapping out key milestones, sales and growth strategy, customer acquisition, data-driven decision making, and forward planning. The program concludes with an overview of additional resources available both through the university and externally.
The top ten startups from across the University come together to spend 3 days a week over 8 weeks developing skills needed to bring new products and technologies to market and receiving one-on-one coaching from industry experts. Teams are provided with valuable one-on-one mentorship and next step resources.
Teams pursuing high-potential ventures who have formed through participation in other UConn entrepreneurship programs are encouraged to apply.
Applications for the Summer 2020 cohort are now open!
CCEI Summer Fellowship teams receive:
- Up to $15,000 in startup funding per team
- Dedicated one-on-one mentorship
- Professional legal, accounting services, and marketing and branding services
- Connections to alumni entrepreneurs, community partners and industry professionals
- Professional co-working and meeting space
Program Overview & Dates (Summer 2020):
The themes outlined below are a rough outline and are subject to change due to the needs of the teams accepted into the program.
- Week 1: Prepare to Launch (6/9, 6/10, 6/11)
- Week 2: Market & Industry Analysis (6/16, 6/17, 6/18)
- Week 3: Communicating Value, Brand Management & Marketing (6/23, 6/24, 6/25)
- Week 4: Sales & Growth Strategy (6/30, 7/1, 7/2)
- Week 5: Revenue, Cashflow, & Data Driven Decision making (7/14, 7/15, 7/16)
- Week 6: Financing Strategies & Becoming Investor Ready (7/21, 7/22, 7/23)
- Week 7: Scale & Launch (7/28, 7/29, 7/30)
- Week 8: Next Step Resources, Refining Business Model & Program Finale (8/4, 8/5, 8/6)
Most programming will occur between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Program Timing and Commitment
Join a Startup Team
This opportunity is open to students (undergraduate and graduate) who wish to be paired as the Entrepreneurial Leads (EL) to Summer Fellowship teams. You do not need to have your own idea or team, but rather if there is a need or interest by the teams accepted into our program, we will work to match candidates from this application process with those teams.
This opportunity allows for students to work directly with a real startup, learn about entrepreneurship as well as the approaches to entrepreneurship. This is a great way for students to build on the experiences they already have while learning entirely new approaches from hand on opportunities.