Student Ambassadors Program
Student Ambassadors aid in the process of recruiting UConn students to participate in the programs offered at CCEI. They work collaboratively to reach students across each campus through events, social media platforms, and in-class presentations. Student Ambassadors are innovative, driven, and encouraging leaders who strive to assist in the development and growth of CCEI's programs. CCEI's Student Ambassador program is open to all UConn undergraduate students interested in taking on a highly interactive work-study. As a Student Ambassador, you will work with CCEI staff on a part-time, semester-by-semester basis to assist with the center's needs.
Student Ambassadors will engage with various classes and groups across campuses to generate involvement. They should plan, execute and manage one recruitment event per year.
Education & Outreach
Student Ambassadors connect students to entrepreneurial opportunities. This includes presenting program info in seminars, hosting info-sessions/office hours, and tabling events.
- Attend our Student Ambassador Kickoff event
- Hold office hours twice a month for one hour each
- Talk within classes and on-campus clubs about CCEI programs
- Plan, execute and manage one recruitment event per year (May work independently or in pairs)
- Meet with program staff at the beginning and end of each semester to discuss outreach needs/create goals
- Attend at least 8 events during the semester. Some events include:
- Fall UConn’s Involvement Fair *
- Spring UConn’s Involvement Fair *
- Experience Innovation Expo *
- Summer Fellowship Finale
- Wolff New Venture Competition
- Verge Consulting Finale
- BUILD Hartford Finale
- Get Seeded Events
- Pitch Night(s)
- Demo Day *
- Timely Topics Session(s)
- Accelerate UConn Events
- Traction Events
- Family Business Program Events
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp For Veterans (EBV) Events
- Open to all undergraduate students!
- Student Ambassadors should expect to work an average of 8 hours per week. Schedules can be flexible during weeks that require it; i.e. Finals Week
- Student Ambassador Point System:
- Student Ambassadors will be given a stipend for their required work over the semester. There will be additional opportunities to earn rewards through a point system.
- Student Ambassadors that attend more than the mandatory number of events, hold additional office hours, etc., will earn points for additional activities. Point values will be assigned to each task based on the level of involvement required for completion.
- A variety of CCEI merch and perks worth various points will be available for students to exchange for their earned points. Points are not an essential part of compensation, but rather an incentive to exceed set goals for the semester.