Job Title: Student Audio/Video Technology Intern
Job Type: Internship
Employer: Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CCEI, BUSN)
Location: Graduate Business Learning Center, CCEI Hartford (Onsite)
Category: Digital Media/Communications/Production
The Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation is launching The Collaboratory, a studio to support the production of audio and visual content to empower and elevate the storytelling skills of UConn’s innovators and entrepreneurs. CCEI is looking for a Technical Lead and/or Assistant Producer Intern to work with our team to produce and edit professional audio and video content.
The intern(s) will be responsible for creating and producing both short and long form audio and video content that will be used in both marketing and promotional materials, as well as feature length stand-alone pieces.
The incumbent will be a self starter, team player and a creative individual. Previous experience editing promotional videos, podcasts, etc is required.
- Audio Recording: Be involved in recording sessions, helping with technical setup, ensuring high-quality audio capture and a smooth recording process
- Video Production: Be involved in video shoots, ensuring proper lighting, sound, and shot composition
- Audio Editing: Use basic audio editing skills, such as: removing background noise, editing out mistakes, enhancing audio quality, and adding music/sound effects
- Video Editing: Use video-editing techniques including: cutting, color correction, adding graphics/effects
- Post-Production: Help with finalizing episodes, creating show notes, and preparing distribution
- Equipment Management: Help maintain and organize audio and video equipment
- Ability to contribute 5-10 hours of work per week
- Junior or senior status
- Ability to work independently, as well in a team environment
- A keen eye for detail and an understanding of visual and audio aesthetics
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple tasks effectively
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, and able to take direction
- 1-2 years of experience creating promotional content, podcasts, etc.
The Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CCEI), established in 2007, was the first organized center to support entrepreneurship activity at UConn. CCEI is identified as an area of strength by the university and is vital to the state and national economy. CCEI carries the legacy of the inaugural entrepreneurship education initiative at UConn, originally funded by the Wolff Family in the mid-1980’s. Since then, the center has transformed entrepreneurship programming to support new venture development. We currently offer 14 different entrepreneurial programs that serve UConn students, faculty, staff and alumni. At CCEI, we value the strength of our community, empowering effective communication, and the cultivation of knowledge. Ultimately, we inspire a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation across the university, the state of Connecticut, and beyond. ccei.uconn.edu
Available Openings: 2
Hours: 5-10 per week. Up to 3 internship credits available.
Time Frame: Academic Year: Fall, Winter, & Spring internships available
Supervisor Name: Rory McGloin Ph.D
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org