Verge Consulting Program
Verge Consultants are graduate students that work with CCEI and Connecticut's SBDC to support UConn affiliated startups and small businesses as they are overcoming the various hurdles of starting and growing their companies. Verge Consultants work together as a team to consult between 8-12 companies per summer in a variety of different industries, life cycles, challenges they face, and types of projects. Through a partnership with Connecticut Small Business Development Center, Verge Consultants get the opportunity to work directly with SBDC's business advisors to learn first hand about consulting and supporting businesses. Consultants receive a stipend of $5,000 for 10 weeks of consulting between May and August.
The application deadline for the Summer 2020 cohort is March 15, 2020. Apply today!
Verge Consultants will:
- Gain exposure and deliver solutions in multiple industries.
- Experience working with companies across various business life cycles.
- Work on Challenging projects that differ amongst each client.
- Collaborate with a team of consultants that has diverse business backgrounds and a wide range of startup and consulting experience.
- Build a resume of consulting experiences from 8-12 different client companies.
Verge Consultants Receive:
- Coaching from business advisors, venture capitalists, angel investors and mentors
- Exposure to entrepreneurship and innovation
- An understanding of startups and early stage companies
- Consulting experience with a range of different businesses
- A stipend of $5,000
Verge Consultants Provide:
One-on-one assistance to entrepreneurs in the areas of:
- Business planning
- Financial modeling
- Strategy assistance
- Competitive assessments
- Market sizing
- Business model creation
- Marketing plan development
- Market entry
- Data analytics
2018 Verge Consultants
Partnership with SBDC
The Connecticut Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CCEI) and the Connecticut Small Business Development Center (SBDC) have been long time partners in supporting Connecticut based startups and small businesses. Two years ago the opportunity presented itself for the two centers to collaborate on a program that would provide hands on business experience to a select group of students. The Verge Consulting initiative gives graduate business students the opportunity to work as advisors on special projects for UConn affiliated businesses while being supported by both CCEI and SBDC staff.